Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bookend Storms

Strange winter season. We’re getting a lengthy snow storm (Feb 29 – March 1) almost exactly 4 months after our surprise Halloween storm in late Fall.  And practically nothing in between.  Naturally my snowblower was lying in wait to break down again just when this new storm appeared.  But then again, it’s not like I run the snowblower when there is no snow to remove – that would be weird.

Of course we really don’t know that this is our bookend storm.  It’s only March 1 – plenty of time in New England for several other walloping storms to plague us.  I personally think winter is not ready to go away.  Just a few weeks ago my goldfish came out from under their ice cover to the air hole I keep open in the pond. They saw their shadows, so back under the ice it was for six more weeks.

I should ask them what they think the odds are of my snowblower getting fixed once and for all this time.  But maybe I don’t want to know the answer to that one.

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Yes, asking goldfish their opinion should be a great use of your time.